- What exactly is it that IRP_MJ_CREATE creates ? (a bit of rambling on one of my favorite topics, operating systems design)
- Why is there no IRP_MJ_OPEN ? Surely MS could afford one more IRP :)...
- Flow of a file open request through the OS.
- What is the difference between a stream and a file from an FS perspective
- What does STATUS_REPARSE do ?
- What is name tunneling ? How does it affect creates ?
- How to open the same stream as an existing FILE_OBJECT in a name-safe way.
- What are stream file objects and why are they necessary ?
- Various strategies to redirect a file open to a different file.
- How to track a create when reparsing ?
Thursday, December 16, 2010
About IRP_MJ_CREATE and minifilter design considerations - Part I
This is the first in a series of posts where I'll try to address various common questions about IRP_MJ_CREATE. My plan is to address the following topics: